On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 4:37 PM Alexis Hunt via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> I'd like to fix zombie auctions, but the current rules are complex and
> I am not sure the best way to approach it. I was working on a proto
> that created an Escrow Trust which would hold assets up for auction...
> except that zombies aren't assets and therefore cannot be transferred;
> we already have a weird patch in for auctions to work at all but
> trying to make it work for an Escrow Trust would require a bunch of
> work in the zombie rules to deal with the "agora as master" thing to
> mean an unowned zombie.
>
> Here are a bunch of (not necessarily mutually-exclusive) ideas:
>
> - Implement the Escrow Trust ideas, and to make them work for Zombies, one of:
>   - Make zombie ownership 'act like' an asset, extending the possible
> values to include an Escrow Trust and adjusting the zombie rules
> accordingly.
>   - Change zombie status to a boolean switch with an ownership asset
> that relies on asset, not switch, rules, and do the same.
>   - Try to unify assets and asset-like switches in the rules, and do the same.
> - Explicitly special-case the way that zombie auctions work.
> - Change the auction rules to address these and all other (currently
> nonexistent) auctions of assets not owned by players.
> - Remove the auction rules and:
>   - Refactor auctions to actually be a form of Agoran decision, with
> some bespoke handling for zombies.
>   - Make bespoke, smaller-scope rules for the zombie auction.

I've been thinking for a while that zombies should be transferable
assets. It's really simple to implement too: You just need to create a
"control idol" or something, and say that a zombie's owner is defined
as the owner of their control idol.

-Aris