On 3/1/2020 7:54 AM, Timon Walshe-Grey via agora-discussion wrote:
> Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
>> I thought about that possibility, because R2160 includes this
>> provision, which seems to prevent any deputisation where other rules
>> of any power prohibit the same action from the officeholder:
>>       2. it would be POSSIBLE for the deputy to perform the action,
>>          other than by deputisation, if e held the office;
>> That is why I included the second portion from R103, which sets the
>> limitations on R2472. For this reason, I think it really comes down to
>> two questions: (1) how the second list item in R2160 is interpreted
>> with regards to lower-powered restrictions, and (2) how the exception
>> to R2160 in R103 is interpreted with regards to your message.
>
> Hmm, this does sound plausible. The most recent precedent is CFJ 3688,
> in which G. wrote:
>
>> I accept the Caller's arguments that e was Prime Minister at the time of
>> eir attempted action, and thus generally able to issue Cabinet Orders, as
>> there is game consensus and past practice that implies that e became PM
>> successfully.
>
> (https://www.mail-archive.com/agora-business@agoranomic.org/msg33078.html)
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know what "game consensus and past practice" e
> was referring to, and e didn't cite any other CFJs by number. So we may
> need eir help to figure it out.

It means that someone tried it (I wasn't the first I don't think) and
there was some discussion and everyone involved agreed it worked and
no-one offered any counterarguments worthy of a CFJ.  And it was tried a
time or two after that before CFJ 3688 with same results.  I'll see if I
can find the first time it happened (2017-ish IIRC) but if someone has a
cogent CFJ that can always overrule.

-G.