On 3/26/2020 7:48 AM, Jason Cobb via agora-business wrote:
> Since all of the Rules in the Initial Set came into effect at the same
> instant, none of them could have any influence on the enactment of the
> others because a Rule cannot change anything before it comes into
> effect. This means that Rule 112 could not prohibit Rule 219 from coming
> into effect.

What's really interesting to me about this judgement, is that the
existence of R219 (a mutable rule) effectively nullifies R112 (an
immutable rule).

The prohibition of R112 is of the form "The rules cannot move from state A
to state B" (where state A is "win by points").  But the rules aren't in
state A to begin with, they're in state C ("win by points OR by paradox").
 So the existence of the paradox win (R219) stops the R112 function and
new win methods can be added by new rules.  However, if R219 was repealed
first, the rules would go to state A ("win by points"), and *then* R112
would prohibit changing the win method.

-G.