On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 at 22:16, Jason Cobb via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> Sorry, I should have been more clear, and I wasn't asking specifically
> about this situation.
>
> Consider an auction with one lot and the following bids:
>
> - Alice: 2 coins
>
> - Bob: 1 coin
>

> Per Rule 2551, a person's priority is "their position in the list of
> persons who have bid on the Auction, sorted by the value of their
> non-withdrawn bids in descending order." This list is [Alice, Bob].
> Assuming 0-based indexing (because I can), Alice's priority is 0, and
> Bob's priority is 1.
>
> Also per Rule 2551, "For each lot in the Auction, the winner of that lot
> is the player with the highest priority on the Auction who has not won
> any previous lot." Bob has the highest priority (1 vs. 0), so e is the
> winner the sole lot, despite having a smaller bid.

I think that the rule admits an interpretation either way; your
interpretation is viable, but it's also very standard for "first position"
to be highest priority and there's no specific callout to numerical values
of position in the rule. So I would tend to the opinion that common sense
and good of the game would decide here.

-Alexis