On 4/6/2020 7:39 AM, Rebecca via agora-discussion wrote:
> And I certainly don't remember that second paragraph. However necessary it
> may be (to avoid AI=1 proposals defining higher powered rules to mean their
> opposite or whatever), it reads like actual nonsense at first glance.
> Although I do remember the direct forward reasoning bit so maybe I'm just
> hallucinating that any of it used to be different.

It's definitely hard reading and a mishmash of adding concepts one by one.
 The first half of that paragraph was written in 2013.  The second half of
that second paragraph (beginning with "but may constructively...") was
added in 2018 to allow *some* definitional stuff to appear in
lower-powered rules.