On 5/13/2020 6:46 AM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
> Here are a few draft proposals to give coins some more uses. For now,
> they aren't particularly strong and are designed to still allow
> actions if there are bugs, but with time those protections could be
> removed.

So, we've tried since 2017 to get an economy going by artificially
limiting the basics (proposals, cfjs, and voting power via zombies) and
it's really not made an economy at all, just a metering of action rates
and very little trading going on.  The only "economy-like" thing we had
was when land goods were briefly worth trading.  Auctions are sometimes
interesting but that's still not "trading".

So I wouldn't start out that way this time (re-adding proposal taxes),
maybe?  But rather diversify pathways to wealth for its own sake or for
the sake of winning?  (or if you want "action points" do it separately
from coins because the current reward structure doesn't really work for
that so much).

> After an election is initiated and until
>       nominations close, any player CAN pay Agora a specified amount,
>       which is no less half of the minimum of the total number of coins
>       earned by the office's last non-Interim holder on the most recent
>       payday

On this detail, I don't think people become officers for the salary for
the most part, and we have a hard enough time getting people to nominate.
Maybe this would work with perk offices (I think only the PM is a "perk"
office right now?) but even if we went back to paying for proposals, I'd
be leery about taxing elections.

-G.

  • DIS: Protos: Coins ha... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: Protos:... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: Pro... nch via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
            • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion