Adoption index: 2.0
Author: Aris
Co-authors:

Enact a new power 2.2 rule, entitled "Promises", with the following text:

  Promises are a class of assets, tracked by the Notary. Their essential
  attributes are their title, text, and creator. A person CAN, by announcement,
  create a promise, specifying its text and becoming its creator. A promise's
  owner is referred to as its bearer. Promises with the same title, text,
  creator, and bearer are fungible.

  A promise's bearer CAN, by announcement, cash the promise,
  provided that any conditions for cashing it specified by its text are
  unambiguously met and provided that e recites the promise's essential
  attributes in the same message. When e does so, e acts on the creator of
  the promise's behalf, causing em to act as if e published the promise's text.
  By creating a promise, a person consents to it being carried out.

  In a promise's text, "the bearer" (or the like) refers to the promise's
  bearer, and "this promise" (or the like) refers to the promise. The text of
  the promise can refer to the context of the message in which it is cashed,
  but the context of the message does not otherwise change the meaning of
  the promise.

  The Library is an entity and CAN own promises. Any player CAN take a promise
  from the Library by announcement, provided e cashes the promise in the same
  message.

Amend Rule 2608, "The Notary", by changing the numbered list to read as
follows:

  1. every pledge, along with its title, creator, time window, time
     of creation, and time of expiry;
  2. every contract, with its title, full provisions, and parties; and
  3. every promise, along with its title, text, creator, and bearer.