On 5/17/20 1:30 PM, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
> Since this just came up, does this address the fencepost issue; i.e., what
> if the Assessor does something illegal as part of the act that changes the
> rule so it's no longer illegal?  (pledges are a better example I think,
> the rule change situation is very unlikely - but my reading of the above
> is that it would cover pledges).

Yeah, I noticed this while trying to figure out if the pledge thing was
actually a bug, but I chose the Assessor example because I thought it
would be more clearly broken.

I'm unsure about it addressing pledges. It would address it if there's
an instant where the violation occurs before the pledge ceases to exist,
but I'm not sure if that's the case. If this is adopted, the easiest way
to fix the pledges thing might be to have the pledge cease to exist the
instant after its time window expires, so that there's unambiguously an
instant with a rules violation.

--
Jason Cobb