On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 3:07 PM James Cook via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> Why the third requirement? What if someone notices a problem with a
> judgement 10 days after it's assigned, and there was no motion to
> reconsider?

The idea is a fixed progression: first you remand via a motion to give
the judge a chance to address it, and only then do go to the remit
option.  This is a compromise - making remit faster/simpler but not
allowing a "remit" without giving the judge a chance to reconsider.

> I had been under the impression that the current case of CFJ 3831 is
> sort of like that, since I don't remember people disagreeing with the
> judgement until somewhat later.

Yes the main issue was there wasn't a peep of complaint for the first
2 weeks (at least that I saw).  There should be a cutoff time but I'm
open to the correct length for that.  (Right now the main reason not
to make it longer is the 7-day waiting period for paradox, making it
longer could lead to "get the win, then appeal the judgement" type of
scams).

> Are cases ever re-opened by proposal, when other methods are expired
> or exhausted?

I've never seen that (though there's nothing stopping it) - when it
gets to a legislative solution people have just proposed the answer
they wanted (e.g. "ratify that X happened and change the rule so it's
not confusing any more").