On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 4:13 PM Aris Merchant via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 11:06 PM Reuben Staley via agora-discussion <
> agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> [Canteus
> > >
> > > I think a uniform [Attn: Registrar] would be easier for all concerned
> > > to remember. Keeping my eyes open for a single keyword seems easier
> > > than looking for several, and I'm not sure how having more than one
> > > helps given that I need to read them all anyway.
> >
> > *** TL;DR for Officers just joining in: Reply here with how you want to
> > be notified of actions relating to your office. Would you prefer signals
> > describing the actions (i.e. "[Zombification]") or just a mention of
> > your office in the subject bar (i.e. "[attn: Registrar]")?
> >
> > I actually debated about whether to make most of the actions require
> > just a normal officer signal but decided to go for a maximalist approach
> > for more specificity. Now I'm looking at it, though, and I see that I
> > probably went way too far.
> >
> > The best way to remedy this would be to ask each officer what the most
> > logical set of tags would be. I, for instance, think it would be
> > valuable for the Notary to be able to distinguish between posts about
> > the creation and destruction of Pledges and Contracts, but the H. Notary
> > might prefer them to be a uniform officer signal.
> >
> > So, Officers of Agora, I now ask you for your feedback on this. Action
> > signals or officer signals or something else?
> >
> > In the final version of the contract I might add a provision where
> > Officers can amend their own sections of the contract either without
> > objection or with low support regardless of whether or not they are
> > parties, allowing the officers more control. This might be a good idea
> > anyway because it's in-line with the contract's goal of making quality
> > of life better for Officers.
> >
> > Now, discuss!
>

> The Promotorial Proposal Office would prefer the use of [Proposal]. An
> Attn. signal, to us, indicates something out of the ordinary that requires
> a special or urgent response.

yeah it'd be much more useful to have subject lines like [Pledge] and
[Contract] than have it all be [attn notary]

--
>From R. Lee
  • DIS: Proto-Contract: ... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: Proto-C... James Cook via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: Pro... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
      • [attn: Offic... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
        • Re: [att... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
            • ... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
            • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion