On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 4:24 PM Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 6/3/2020 1:02 PM, Aris Merchant via agora-business wrote:
> >   The player who proposed the proposal with the greatest F/A, as
> >   defined in rule 955,
>
> Can I just comment that I think our unofficial style guide should avoid
> rules referring to other rules by number?  (except maybe for one-off
> temporary games and stuff like that).
>
> I was just wondering if that was too small of a nit to pick, but in typing
> that, I just realized that for their importance in determining precedence,
> Rule ID numbers seem very weakly regulated, in particular, here in R2141:
>
> >      Rules have ID numbers, to be assigned by the Rulekeepor.
>
> [snip]
>
> > However, rules to the contrary
> >      notwithstanding, the Rulekeepor CAN set rule aspects as described
> >      elsewhere in this rule.
>
> seems to suggest that the rulekeepor can just assign a new number to 955
> and break the relationship?  (maybe not, I dunno).
>
> -G.

I think that fixing this would be good, but I think R1586 might
resolve that specific risk:

      A rule, contract, or regulation that refers to an entity by name
      refers to the entity that had that name when the rule first came
      to include that reference, even if the entity's name has since
      changed.