On Thursday, June 4, 2020 2:13:33 PM CDT Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
wrote:
> It is in fair part my fault for using proposals rather than protos for
> ideas. Ideally, a proposal should signify "this is ready for voting" and a
> proto should signify "this is an idea that is ready for discussion". I've
> been basically ignoring that convention without communicating it, so shame
> on me for that. On the other hand, is it even a good idea to discourage
> people from producing unpopular or inadvisable proposals? A proposal, is,
> at the end of the day, an option, and can always be voted down.

Re: Making Premature Proposals. I'm exactly as guilty of this as you, and I
can see both sides. I think it's reasonable to subtract honor for someone
making proposals without getting them properly vetted in discussion, or making
and retracting many versions in a short window. On the other hand, making
something a proposal instead of a proto makes it much more likely to get
vetted at all.

--
nch