On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 9:49 PM Rebecca via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 2:40 PM Alex Smith via agora-discussion <
> agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> >  On Friday, 5 June 2020, 19:11:36 GMT+1, James Cook via agora-discussion <
> > agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> > > If a proposal does get enough votes, I think this makes the Assessor
> > > the one who violates the rule, when e resolves it. I guess Aris's "New
> > > Defenses" would protect em. Probably not a big deal.
> >
> > Gratuitous: in the unlikely event that a proposal that would ossify/end
> > Agora does end up being voted FOR, I would prefer the Assessor to not
> > resolve it. If resolving it were illegal, this would give em a good excuse
> > to violate the rules requiring em to resolve it.
> >
> > (For example, if we catch that a proposal has an ossifying effect at some
> > point after the voting period closes, the Assessor delaying the resolution
> > would likely be a necessary step in fixing the situation, buying time to,
> > e.g., pass a proposal to proactively negate the ossifying proposal's
> > effects.)
> >
> > Something similar has happened in other nomics: Wooble once "forfeited"
> > (effectively, deregistered from) B in order to avoid having to resolve a
> > proposal that would end the game. (It was eventually discovered that due to
> > some brokenness earlier, the proposal in question had never existed,
> > although B was dead anyway at that point.)
> >
> > --
> > ais523
> >

> Yes, it is a class 2 ( but really class 1) crime to be Tardy on resolving a
> proposal, and it is a class 4 crime to resolve it, ossifying agora. The
> correct course of action for an Assessor who is worried about an ossifying
> proposal is definitely to call a CFJ and not resolve the proposal, and the
> rules encouraging that is not such a bad thing.

Note that my proposal, at written, cares about rule power and not
crime class. That's because I didn't want lower power rules to be able
to override SHALLs in higher-powered rules. The obvious solution is to
move the prohibition into AiaN, so it overpowers everything. I may
propose that.

-Aris