On 6/7/2020 8:45 AM, Rebecca via agora-discussion wrote:
>> How about we just write it out? "Karma is an integer value assigned to
> persons and Agora and tracked by the Herald in eir weekly report, which
> self-ratifies. Karma defaults to zero."
> Compare to current rules text "Karma is a person switch tracked by the
> Herald in eir Weekly Report. Karma is an Integer switch. Agora also has an
> instance of the Karma switch."
>
> the current text is almost exactly the same length

Need to add:

- don't need to report default values (otherwise the report would be
literally every person in existence);

- If a person's Karma would otherwise fail to have an integer
value...(paragraph)

- if an action or set of actions would cause a person's karma to become
indeterminate...(paragraph)

Then you realize that, once you've added those bits, it's useful text for
several different types of values, so you generalize it and give it a
generic name, and extend the class, and you end up with "voting strength
is karma for proposals" or some other twisted metaphor...

https://xkcd.com/927/

  • Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Re:... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: Re: BUS... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: Re:... Rebecca via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
            • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... nch via agora-discussion
            • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
            • ... nch via agora-discussion
            • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
            • ... nch via agora-discussion
            • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... nch via agora-discussion
            • ... Rebecca via agora-discussion
            • ... James Cook via agora-discussion
            • ... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... nch via agora-discussion
            • ... Rebecca via agora-discussion