On 6/10/20 10:08 AM, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:

> On 6/10/2020 8:05 AM, nch via agora-discussion wrote:
>>> This one short sentence, if enacted, takes it from a trading and
>>> commodities pricing game to just another individual farming game.
>>>
>> Farming requires ways to autonomously gain at least 1 resource and
>> convert everything you can gain on your own. There's no way to gain a
>> Card entirely on your own.
>>
> Maybe farming was a bad word.  By "farming" I mean there will be ways to
> get cards that are more plentiful and some that are slower.  Inevitably,
> if there's a supply that's faster, people will just position themselves to
> play to take from that supply (however it's delivered).
>
> I just don't want to nerf the diversity out of the gate.  Why do so?

Because currently this is would be the only way to get Victory Cards,
and because everyone seemed paranoid about not being able to pend and I
proposed this as an alternative to writing a bunch of exceptions to the
system. There is no supply faster than the Pend Card supply, which is
already the one people are most worried about. And if you monopolized a
single supply to do this, you'd be creating less products than you
potentially could, which means your trading the benefit you get from
having access to that supply to begin with.