On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 11:22 AM nch via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 6/14/20 1:18 PM, Aris Merchant via agora-discussion wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 11:08 AM nch via agora-discussion
> > <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> >> Inactivity in the game doesn't really mean unreachable though. omd has
> >> been active on github with an occasional month off for 7 straight years.
> >> This email address for me is an alias of my main protonmail address, and
> >> emails directly to me go to the main inbox which will pop up on a few of
> >> my devices immediately. The owners aren't the currently most engaged
> >> players, they're people who have shown consistent contactability.
> >>
> >> That said, I'm not really that invested in my criteria, I just chose
> >> what seemed reasonable. But if we're going to tweak it further, I'd
> >> rather seek some sort of consensus.
> > Says the person who just staged a coup without gathering any consensus
> > whatsoever. ;)
> >
> > Okay, actual reply time. Nothing you've said is incorrect. I simply
> > think that having to email someone who isn't active is annoying. It's
> > not a huge deal, and inactive-but-contactable players certainly work
> > as a backup. I'm just suggesting we should have more reliably on list
> > people so we need to contact the backups less often.
> >
> > -Aris
>
> Totally agree with this, and Trigon just made some good points too. I'm
> starting to proto a rule that lets the Webmastor write regulations for
> the github that would regulate who should be owners, who is in charge of
> which repo, when to push vs fork and make a request... All of that will
> be based on a process of feedback and consensus. This was me realizing
> the system was set up really sloppily (and potentially dangerously) and
> deciding to do something about it in the meantime since I have no idea
> how long said regulations will take to make.

There's a proposal in the next distribution that should let you do
that. Populist Administration basically lets any officer write
regulations for anything relating to their office (backed only by a
SHOULD, so it's not dangerous, and still needs 1.5 Agoran Consent).

-Aris
  • DIS: [Webmastor] A Gi... nch via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: [Webmas... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: [We... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: [We... nch via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... nch via agora-discussion
            • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
              • ... nch via agora-discussion
                • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
                • ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
                • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... nch via agora-discussion
              • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Reuben Staley via agora-discussion