On 6/18/2020 9:38 AM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
> On 6/18/20 12:31 PM, Kerim Aydin via agora-business wrote:
>>
>> Fair's fair.
>>
>> I withdraw the proposal "UV Sunblock" from the pool.
>>
>> I submit the following Proposal, "UV-G Sunblock" AI-3, co=author ais523:
>>
>> Amend Rule 2438 (Ribbons) by replacing:
>>       Ultraviolet (U): When a person is awarded the Patent Title
>>       Champion, that person earns an Ultraviolet Ribbon.
>> with:
>>       Ultraviolet (U): When a person is awarded the Patent Title
>>       Champion, that person earns an Ultraviolet Ribbon, unless
>>       the Champion title was awarded as the result of winning
>>       the game via this rule.
>>

>> Ultraviolet is hereby removed from G.'s Ribbon Ownership.

>> -G.
>>

> Is there some way that we could exclude scams involving this rule by
> phrasing it as:
>
>       Ultraviolet (U): When a person is awarded the Patent Title
>       Champion, that person earns an Ultraviolet Ribbon, unless
>       the Champion title was awarded as the result of winning
>       the game via Raising a Banner, as defined in this rule.
>
> This way if someone finds a scam in the rule, they would still be able
> to get the Ultraviolet ribbon.

Ha - first draft had raise a banner in it, but I deleted that and phrased
it generally using "as the result" and "via" to attempt to avoid questions
of strict causality and any terms of art like Raise the Banner, in the
hopes that judges might be more common sense in saying when a win was
"via" this rule.  sounds like it might have had the opposite effect though
of making it too ambiguous and therefore scammable?

-G.

  • Re: [proposal] Re: DI... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
    • Re: [proposal] R... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion