On 6/20/2020 2:10 PM, Stefan Fjellander via agora-discussion wrote:
> Thus, I was in the position of "I get 20-50 emails overnight, of which I
> instantly delete 99%, from a community which I almost never interact with
> and which I don't even understand the basics of", and it's unfair both to
> my time and to y'all who are legit invested in this to keep on doing that.

Yeah, I think one of the hardest things to learn is figuring out what to
ignore.

I'm not reading like 2/3 of the detailed discussions but even with
experience it's hard to filter.  And we have a real thread management
problem around here.  It's not uncommon for the same subject line to
devolve into 3 or more entirely separate conversations, sometimes
switching between Discussion and Business, and it becomes impossible to
find the meat of what's actually going on versus a lot of chatter.

Chatter is meant in a good way, this is a very social game, but when one
part of the thread is 2 people talking about an arcane technical detail
that I'm happy to let them hash out on their own, and another part of the
thread is actually playing or something, it's a challenge.

-G.