On Mon, 2020-07-20 at 23:06 +0100, ais523 via agora-business wrote:
> It isn't me either. (If it were, the message would have caused me to
> register, so this message would be Faking.) Registering anonymously
> is the sort of thing I might do, but trying to cause confusion with
> an existing player isn't.
>
> For what it's worth, I suspect it's a new player rather than someone
> who's previously been active on the lists, but this is just a guess
> and might well be wrong.

Updated hypothesis: the messages are being sent by a bot, probably a
neural network trained on Agoran public forum messages.

This would explain the bizarre signalling, the frequent use of existing
Agorans' signatures, and the general incomprehensibility of the posts,
in addition to the failure to reply at messages directed at it.

(Presumably, the registration post was rigged to start with "I hereby
register as a player." The sort of neural network I'm thinking of can
be customized to start its output with a particular substring, and it
will try to work out what could plausibly follow it.)

--
ais523