On 10/10/2020 11:27 AM, Kerim Aydin wrote:

> On 10/10/2020 3:37 AM, Gaelan Steele via agora-discussion wrote:
>> Preliminary notes:
>>
>> All but one player (per registrar report) is definitely subscribed to a-d,
>> with message delivery on. That leaves Tyler (who briefly showed up in June),
>> who is not listed on a-d's member list
>
> I think it's important to go for general principles here.  Is it beyond a
> reasonable effort to determine this every time it happens?  For example, I
> had delivery from DIS turned off for a couple weeks of September.  If
> someone is turned on to "digest mode" so doesn't get the delivery right
> away, how does that affect it?  (given that delays in delivery can stop
> something from being public).
>
> My feeling is that the evidence should be right there and presented - if
> the players names aren't in the "to" line, we shouldn't assume that
> everyone received it, as a matter of principle.
>
> -G.

Also, note we have made distinctions between sending something "via" a
forum (which explicitly works for public fora) and sending something "to"
someone.  A public message is sent "via" a public forum or "to" all
players.  So sending something "via" a non-public forum may be different
than sending it "to" players, even if they are subscribed.

-G.