On Saturday, March 20, 2021 9:26:08 AM CDT nix via agora-discussion wrote:
> On Friday, March 19, 2021 11:26:16 PM CDT Jason Cobb via agora-business
wrote:
> > H. Herald, I submit the following document as a thesis in the hopes of
> > earning a degree.
>
> Here's what the rules have to say about degree requirements:
>
>       Degrees SHOULD be awarded according to the extent to which the
>       thesis contributes to Nomic culture or thought: Associate degrees
>       for an appreciable contribution, Baccalaureate degrees for a
>       substantial contribution, Magisteriate degrees for a remarkable
>       contribution, and Doctorate degrees for an exceptional
>       contribution. Any degree at the Doctorate level SHOULD take into
>       account the awardee's academic history and participation in Agora
>       over time.
>
>       Theses for Artistry degrees SHOULD demonstrate substantial
>       creativity and need not be in written form. Theses for all other
>       degrees SHOULD demonstrate substantial research or analysis. J.N.
>       and D.N.Law are appropriate for high-quality legal analysis, of
>       the sort typical to CFJs, but exceeding an ordinary CFJ in depth.
>       The D.N.Hist. degree is appropriate for historical research,
>       especially when it presents a narrative that educates Agorans
>       about the events of the past. The D.N.Sci. degree is appropriate
>       for theses that demonstrate concrete or scientific thinking,
>       whereas the D.N.Phil. is appropriate for theses that demonstrate
>       abstract or philosophical thinking.
>
> With that in mind, I'm open to suggestions (from anyone) for what degree to
> confer. I'll intend any compelling ones and only resolve the highest
> resolvable.
>
> --
> nix
> Ministor, Herald, Webmastor

Oh, and here's the list of degrees:

      - Associate of Nomic Artistry        (A.N.A.)
      - Associate of Nomic                 (A.N.)
      - Juris Doctorate of Nomic           (J.N.)
      - Baccalaureate of Nomic Artistry    (B.N.A.)
      - Baccalaureate of Nomic             (B.N.)
      - Magisteriate of Nomic Artistry     (M.N.A.)
      - Magisteriate of Nomic              (M.N.)
      - Doctorate of Nomic Artistry        (D.N.Art.)
      - Doctorate of Nomic History         (D.N.Hist.)
      - Doctorate of Nomic Law             (D.N.Law.)
      - Doctorate of Nomic Science         (D.N.Sci.)
      - Doctorate of Nomic Philosophy      (D.N.Phil.)

--
nix
Ministor, Herald, Webmastor