I've worded the miscalculation example pretty poorly lol.

Basically we've had miscalculations held as true many times in the past. If
you believed those miscalculations to still be true after being shown proof
of how they're wrong, then you'd likely be called deluded.

The thing is that, prior to the reveal, we had collectively held these
'deluded' ideas to be true. Incorrect things were magically true.