Cuddlebeam wrote:

I've worded the miscalculation example pretty poorly lol.

Basically we've had miscalculations held as true many times in the past. If
you believed those miscalculations to still be true after being shown proof
of how they're wrong, then you'd likely be called deluded.

The thing is that, prior to the reveal, we had collectively held these
'deluded' ideas to be true. Incorrect things were magically true.

No, they /became/ effectively-true because they were ratified, which
explicitly sets/changes the gamestate if needed (to whatever it would
have been by now if the ratified statement had been true all along).

Similarly, Lindrum's judgment in Nomic World (arguably) worked because
it was backed up by several rules explicitly giving the judge authority
to interpret a certain thing, and then setting/changing the gamestate if
needed to conform with that interpretation. From this, Lindrum derived
"these rules collectively authorize me to interpret a dictatorship for
myself, in order to block a potentially less-ethical future judge from
doing the same".

To my knowledge, you haven't presented any such argument wrt NWN.