On 8/2/2021 12:02 PM, Jason Cobb via agora-business wrote:
> On 8/2/21 2:51 PM, D. Wet via agora-discussion wrote:
>>>
>>> I strongly recommend against this.
>> Jason,
>>
>> I will follow your recommendation and not participate in conversations
>> via BUS.
>>
>> ---
>> D. Wet
>> www.nomica.nl
>>

> It's okay to take part in conversations via BUS as long as you're
> careful. I was recommending against selling Cuddlebeam your focus grants
> and victory cards.

"Recommend against" might be too general.  Selling might be a good
strategy depending on your goals (e.g. whether you're trying to win this
time versus selling for coins to hold, and use the coins to win next time).

The value of these things can be highly volatile.  If you've got the last
card needs for someone else's win, sky's the limit (or at least say 2000
coins based on past wins).  But on the flipside, value becomes 0 if you
hold too long and a win happens.

Most recently, the last auctioned victory card went for 629 coins (which
was probably artificially low due to the risk of gaining the other, much
less valuable auction item).  The top bid in the current auction (for one
VC) is 1717 coins, with multiple bids higher than 1000.

At the very least, if you're selling you'd *definitely* want to consider
multiple offers for a single card, hugely multiplied if you're thinking of
selling your focus grant ability.

-G.