On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 9:45 PM Aspen via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 1:41 AM Sarah S. via agora-discussion <
> agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 6:47 PM secretsnail9 via agora-business <
> > agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I submit the below proposal, and then pay a pendant to pend it:
> > >
> > > Title: Scoring Integer Points
> > > Author: secretsnail
> > > Coauthors:
> > > AI : 1.0
> > >
> > > {
> > >
> > > Amend Rule 2657 (Scoring) by replacing "add to that player's score the
> > > associated amount of points" with "add to that player's score the floor
> > of
> > > the associated amount of points".
> > >
> > > (This would let players score points for proposals with non-integer
> AIs.)
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > --
> > > secretsnail
> > >

> > im telling on myself here but idk what 'the floor' means in this
> context. i
> > assume it's mathematical?
>

> "The floor of X" means "X rounded down to the nearest integer". Ceiling is
> the same, but rounded up. They pop up in math and computer programming.
>
> -Aspen

i'd prefer it written out like that because i wouldn't really understand
its meaning if i read it in the ruleset. but it has been pended already so
no big deal, it's just me being a word person instead of a numbers person.

obviously its a very necessary bugfix anyway.
--
R. Lee