On 4/11/2022 11:05 AM, juan via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 2022-04-11 10:49, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
>> On 4/11/2022 10:40 AM, Jason Cobb via agora-business wrote:
>>> No, it's not reasonable to expect new players to read through decades of
>>> judgements. However, that doesn't eliminate the fact that the precedent
>>> exists. Generally relevant precedents will be brought up by people aware
>>> of them when needed.
>>
>> I mean, it *might* be reasonable for a new player to think "I'm putting in
>> a high-powered proposal that claims to freeze agora, directly trying to
>> loophole something that the rules explicitly say is a High Crime and
>> shouldn't be done - maybe there's reasons I shouldn't do that."
>>
>> -G.
>
> It might. And there may. There are also reasons to do it -- such as to
> expose such loophole.

Well sure - I respect the civil disobedience inherent in performing an
action to prove what's wrong with the law, but that generally involves
technically committing the crime.  My point is more general - that while a
new player might not be expected to *know* the cfjs surrounding a matter,
it's not unreasonable for em to expect that tinkering around the edges of
a crime might get em nabbed, even if the nabbing is on a technicality.

> In any case, my action was to create a proposal
> (with a very high AI), which by definition can only be implemented with
> much support. I'd say it was nearly impossible for that action to ossify
> the game.

One thing that surprised me is that, so far, nobody's really said "it can
NEVER be an attempt at ossification because I can read right in the rules
that ossification would be blocked".  In other words, we already *know*
it's impossible unless the attempt would explicitly removes R1698 first,
and that sort of impossibility hasn't been a defense.  It would be
interesting to see if that comes up more in your new cfjs.

-G.