On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 7:48 AM Forest Sweeney via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> man. 20. mar. 2023 kl. 15:44 skrev ais523 via agora-discussion <
> agora-discussion@agoranomic.org>:
>
> > On Mon, 2023-03-20 at 15:18 -0700, Forest Sweeney via agora-business
> wrote:
> > > Enact the following rule:
> > > {
> > > A device is an asset defined by the rules.
> > > Devices are tracked by the Mad Engineer's assistant.
> > > }
> > >
> > > Grant each player a Reified Device.
> >
> > I suspect the last part of that proposal will fail to do anything
> > unless you switch the Device on first. (While it's off, there are a
> > number of restrictions on how a Device can be created.)
> >

> Hmmm... dang, you are probably right about the last part of the proposal,
> I wasn't looking closely. It would need to be power 1.1 to do it, wouldn't
> it?
>

> > I'm also somewhat intrigued as to what happens when you make something
> > that isn't an officer responsible for tracking an asset…
> >
> > --
> > ais523
> >

> Also, I didn't notice that bonus!! :D

That’s actually covered by R2603 which kicks in if the switch has neither
an associated officer nor the explicit word “untracked”.  I think the only
question is whether it makes the “assistant” synonymous with the “tracker
of” office that R2603 would create.

Rule 2603/0
Switch Responsibility

      For each type of switch that would otherwise lack an officer to
      track it, and is not defined as untracked, there exists an imposed
      office named “Tracker of [switch name]” that is responsible for
      tracking that switch.