On 4/24/23 16:07, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 12:52 PM juan via agora-business
> <agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>> ABSTRACT: based on the considerably well-crafted analysis and extensive
>> historical research, useful and insightful crafting of concepts, but an
>> unfortunate lack of indexing references, I ask the author to REVIEW &
>> RESUBMIT the thesis by adding such references, after which I recommend
>> nomination for a M.N.
>>
> Can you comment on why you picked the M.N. level?  Levelling is often
> the most contentious question on theses (we agree it deserves a
> degree, but not which degree) and personally I would have pegged this
> one at Bachelors, but that was just a qualitative first reaction on my
> part ("substantial" but not "remarkable" contribution as per R1367
> standards). Also, ais523 already has an M.N. but not a Bachelors.  I
> seem to remember we balked in the past at giving someone the same
> degree twice, and nobody on the Scroll is listed as (x2) or any other
> indication of a double award for any degree, and I remember we added
> types of degrees (tracks) to allow for multiples.  But I can't
> remember why (I don't think there's an explicit prohibition on doing
> so?)
>
> -G.

There used to be explicit prohibition:

Rule 1367/19 (Power=3)
Degrees

       Certain patent titles are known as degrees. The degrees are

       - Associate of Nomic                 (A.N.)
       - Bachelor of Nomic                  (B.N.)
       - Master of Nomic                    (M.N.)
       - Doctor of Nomic History            (D.N.Hist.)
       - Doctor of Nomic Science            (D.N.Sci.)
       - Doctor of Nomic Philosophy         (D.N.Phil.)

       Degrees are ranked in the order they appear in this rule, with
       degrees listed later being ranked higher. A specific degree CANNOT
       be awarded to any person more than once.

       A specified degree CAN be awarded with 2 Agoran Consent, and
       SHOULD only be awarded for the publication of an original thesis
       of scholarly worth (including responses to peer-review), published
       with explicit intent to qualify for a degree. The Herald SHOULD
       coordinate the peer-review process and the awarding of degrees.

Janet Cobb

Assessor, Rulekeepor, S​tonemason