Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion [2023-04-24 13:07]:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 12:52 PM juan via agora-business
> <agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> >
> > ABSTRACT: based on the considerably well-crafted analysis and extensive
> > historical research, useful and insightful crafting of concepts, but an
> > unfortunate lack of indexing references, I ask the author to REVIEW &
> > RESUBMIT the thesis by adding such references, after which I recommend
> > nomination for a M.N.
> >

> Can you comment on why you picked the M.N. level?  Levelling is often
> the most contentious question on theses (we agree it deserves a
> degree, but not which degree) and personally I would have pegged this
> one at Bachelors, but that was just a qualitative first reaction on my
> part ("substantial" but not "remarkable" contribution as per R1367
> standards). Also, ais523 already has an M.N. but not a Bachelors.  I
> seem to remember we balked in the past at giving someone the same
> degree twice, and nobody on the Scroll is listed as (x2) or any other
> indication of a double award for any degree, and I remember we added
> types of degrees (tracks) to allow for multiples.  But I can't
> remember why (I don't think there's an explicit prohibition on doing
> so?)

Well, I find the matter of citations very important. It doesn't seem
to be a well-stablished practice in Agoran theses. As I said, creating
that precedent would be remarkable, as it would even be cited in future
reviews (I believe). But, oh well, if the thesis is worth a degree,
it must be worth the lesser degree.

--
juan