On 6/25/23 02:44, 4st nomic via agora-business wrote:
> Sorry!!! This has to be contained somewhere!!!!
>
> I have to submit the following proposal:
> {
> Title: Secure Contain Protect
> Adoption Index: 1.0
> Author: 4st
> Co-Author:
>
> Enact the following rule entitled "Rule UNDEFINED":
> {
> Clearance Level: Unrestricted
> Containment Class: Keter
> Disruption Class: Vlam
> Risk Class: Warning
>
> Special Containment Procedures: Rule UNDEFINED is to be recorded by the
> Rulekeepor, and events pertaining to Rule UNDEFINED are to be recorded by
> the office of the Agent. Each week, the Agent CAN and SHALL select any
> active player at random, whereupon that player CAN, once per selection, by
> announcement, and SHALL in a timely manner from selection, describe their
> interaction with Rule UNDEFINED for the Agent to record. Violations of this
> clause are a class 1 crime of violating Rule UNDEFINED. The Speaker CAN,
> once per week by announcement, describe any interaction with Rule UNDEFINED
> and SHOULD do so if it would contain it. It is unknown if this containment
> procedure provides enough safety at this time, and it is ENCOURAGED to
> update the special containment procedure as necessary.

"describe" is a speech act, and should not be subject to a CAN.

"describing an interaction" doesn't appear to actually do anything.
Based on the context, I assume you're going for the Rule applying its
effects?

> In addition to this procedure, it is commonly believed that
> - Rule 1698 and 101 currently prevent Rule UNDEFINED from causing damage to
> its containment.
> - Rule 1551 currently provides containment of Rule UNDEFINED to the current
> timeline.
> - Rule 2140 currently prevents escape of Rule UNDEFINED.
> - Rule 869 currently prevents Rule UNDEFINED from making decisions and
> causing serious damage to reality.
> - Rule 104. through an unknown means, fully contained Rule UNDEFINED until
> recently.
> - Rule 2056 currently provides containment of many of Rule UNDEFINED's
> effects.
> - Rule 2158 prevents Rule UNDEFINED from creating parallel universes.
> - Rule UNDEFINED provides the current level of final containment of Rule
> UNDEFINED.

> in the game of Agora. Overall, Rule UNDEFINED defines Rule UNDEFINED
> incompletely due to the nature of Rule UNDEFINED being, on the whole,
> indescribable in full. However, it is commonly believed that, in addition
> to Rule UNDEFINED's other effects, Rule UNDEFINED is capable of [REDACTED],
> there are at least ██ Rule UNDEFINED's at any point in time, and that Rule
> UNDEFINED is inevitable and unstoppable despite any appearance or event
> that may indicate otherwise.
>
> Specifically, at this point in time, it is known that:
> - Rule UNDEFINED CANNOT amend itself, enact, re-enact, or repeal rules.

Why not just "cause rule changes"?

In any case, this prohibition is overridden by Rule 105.

> - Rule UNDEFINED CANNOT create contracts or pledges.

Promises?

> - It is a class 10 crime to repeal Rule UNDEFINED.

Persons cannot repeal rules, and only persons can commit crime (or, at
least be prosecuted for them).

> - Rule UNDEFINED CAN join contracts.

Rule 1742 explicitly restricts the parties of a contract to persons.

> - In the presence of Rule UNDEFINED, references to Rule UNDEFINED MUST
> always reference Rule UNDEFINED by name. Violations of this clause are a
> class 5 crime of violating Rule UNDEFINED.
> - Calls for Judgement SHALL NOT provide judgement on Rule UNDEFINED.
> Violations of this clause are a class 10 crime of violating Rule UNDEFINED.

Please do not criminalize assigning a judgement under any circumstances.
We just got rid of R2125's problematic clause.

> - Rule UNDEFINED CAN enact, repeal, or amend the Agent's regulations.

"Agent's administrative regulations".

> - Rule UNDEFINED CAN cause a player or players to win, despite it being
> ILLEGAL.

The Rule cannot be prosecuted for violating a Rule.

Even if a player could be prosecuted, enabling winning by blatant rules
violation is not interesting gameplay.

There are ways to trivially win with a power-1 dictatorship other than
by directly doing it.

> It is currently unknown why Rule UNDEFINED provides containment of Rule
> UNDEFINED. It is ENCOURAGED to update Rule UNDEFINED's description with any
> and all available details of what exactly Rule UNDEFINED is.
>
> Addenda: Any and all addenda SHALL be found in the Agent's weekly report.
> }

"addenda" to what?

> Then, amend Rule UNDEFINED by replacing UNDEFINED in Rule UNDEFINED with
> Rule UNDEFINED's ID, and retitle Rule UNDEFINED to be named "Rule " with
> Rule UNDEFINED's ID appended to this new name.
> }

Rule ID numbers are assigned when I publish them, not immediately after
the rule is enacted.

--
Janet Cobb

Assessor, Rulekeepor, S​tonemason