Mostly just throwing fuel on the fire and poking things, for fun :) (That's
why I'm not objecting officially.)

Firstly, "Ownership" takes precedence (by power) over "Promises", and the
actions happen in sequence, so Ownership takes precedence over Promises
which attempts to change the owner of the promise. Whether or not the
promise is cashed happens later in the sequence - even if the promise
itself were to affect a switch or other gamestate when it was cashed, those
switches would equally just become "indeterminate", thereby not producing a
paradox, as no gamestate becomes undefined, the gamestate instead obtains
"indeterminate" values, which are equally valid values that do not produce
paradoxes.

For example, even with Rice Plans, per "Switches", all the switches would
have a definitive value of the last value they had had, or their default
value. Agora requires clarity at all steps to function, and indeterminacy
can set things in the platonic gamestate backwards, even if you don't
notice, relying instead on ratification to operate.

Not sure this is anything, but I also just noticed, [R217]
"in particular, an absurdity [the paradox] that can be concluded from the
assumption that a statement about rule-defined concepts is false [the
promise being taken or cashed] does not constitute proof that it is true."

(Also of note: It is up to the Judge and the players what the CFJ outcome
should be. This is not a platonic point, rather, it is subjective and open
to persuasion and such. Therefore, this case can still be judged
Paradoxical, even if no paradoxes are involved. Similarly, a CFJ with a
paradox can be judged as not-Paradoxical.)

--
4ˢᵗ

Uncertified Bad Idea Generator