On Thu, 2024-05-09 at 09:11 -0500, nix via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 5/6/24 15:15, 4st nomic via agora-discussion wrote:
> > So ais523 has basically won 3 times, paradox, stones, and radiance, pretty
> > much in a row.
> >
> > Just would like to point that out.
>
> A portion of this, at least the radiance portion, is because e's been
> sitting on a large stockpile of stamps from before they had the value
> they currently do. I wonder if we should do a one-time reduction in
> stamp holdings, with enough warning for people to spend them before the
> reduction happens.

The large stockpile of ais523 stamps was fairly valuable back when I
originally created it, too (and is not really enough for a win on its
own; most of the Radiance I used for the win came from stamp trades in
the intervening months).

It's also been substantially crippling my gameplay ever since we
switched to the new system – stamp creation is based on the number of
stamps of your type that exist, so I haven't been able to create ais523
stamps since the system was enacted, meaning I've been locked out from
a portion of gameplay.

(It is worth contrasting with Yachay's stamps-into-radiance win, which
was achieved fairly quickly by a new player soon after registering –
because Yachay stamps were easy for em to create and valuable, e was
able to trade for stamps that gave enough radiance to win, with no pre-
existing asset stockpile to use.)

--
ais523