status: https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/#3503
(This document is informational only and contains no game actions).

==============================  CFJ 3503  ==============================

       It is possible to create an agency such that its acronym contains
       at least one non-english alphabetic character (???, ??, ??).

Caller:                       Quazie

Judge:                        o
Judgement:                    TRUE

History:

Called by Quazie:             20 May 2017
Assigned to o:                20 May 2017
Judged TRUE by o:             22 May 2017

Caller's Arguments:

Agencies might be a limited resource of (26^3) possible existing agencies.
>From my reading of rule 2461, it seems like a number is likely not possible
within an agency's Acronym, as numbers aren't words, but I wouldn't be
surprised if non-english words would allow us to get to more than
(26^3) agencies [More language bits!].

Parts of 2461:
..

             a) A title, which must be exactly three words, not
                counting conjunctions, articles or prepositions.

..

       An Agency, once created, SHOULD be referred to by the acronym
       formed from its title with conjunctions, articles, and
       prepositions removed. The acronym of an agency must be unique
       and any attempt to create or amend an Agency such that two
       Agencies would have the same acronym is INEFFECTIVE.

Judge's Arguments:

Rule 2467 requires that the title of an Agency consist of exactly three
words:

> a) A title, which must be exactly three words, not counting
> conjunctions, articles or prepositions.

It does not require that those words be representable using any dialect
of English. Russian words, for example, appear perfectly acceptable, and
would be represented most accurately in the Cyrillic alphabet. Such a
word would most obviously be abbreviated for the Agency???s acronym by
taking its first character, which would be a non-english alphabetic
character.

It is therefore possible for the acronym of an Agency to contain at
least one non-english alphabetic character.