The below CFJ is 3842.  I assign it to R. Lee.

status: https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/#3842

===============================  CFJ 3842  ===============================

      In the message quoted above, Cuddle Beam altered the part of eir
      MYSTICAL MENAGERIE contract describing "Scam Banishment Ritual"
      (where for this purpose, deleting that section or destroying the
      whole contract count as altering that part).

Caller:                        Falsifian

Judge:                         R. Lee

History:

Called by Falsifian:                              08 Jun 2020 18:23:57
Assigned to R. Lee:                               [now]

Caller's Evidence (the "message quoted above"):

> Alright, I Fulfill the Spell! Here we go!
>
> 🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅
> EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA
> 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅
>
> AGORA SPIRIT OF THE GAME, I CALL UPON THEE, LISTEN TO ME EXCLAIM!!
>
> 🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅
> EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA
> 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅
>
> SCAMS BEGONE FROM THIS PLACE, I BANISH THEE TO THE DARK NETHER FROM THE
> WHICH YOU CAME!!
>
> 🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅
> EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA EYA
> 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅 🧅
>
> SCAMS BE GONE AND NEVER COME BACK, BURN FOREVER, DEPART WITH THIS FLAME!!!!!
>
> 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
> WOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOO - BOOOSHA!
> 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
> 👐 <https://emojipedia.org/open-hands/>
> 🙏
>
> The ritual has been completed.
> The scams have been banished from THE MYSTICAL MENAGERIE.
>
> But, be careful, they may return. (In which case I recommend you buy more
> banishment rituals).
>
> Thank you for your patronage!

Caller's Arguments:

It is plain for anyone to see that the Scam Banishment Ritual is a scam.
Here I've quoted relevant parts of the contract:

> Any player can Purchase a Product by announcement and transferring the
> price of that Product to Cuddlebeam. Doing so creates an instance of that
> Product in their ownership.

> Spells are destructible assets that can be owned by any Player. Cuddlebeam
> can Fulfill a Spell by announcement along mystical actions. Once Fulfilled,
> the Spell is destroyed and its mystical effects will then benefit its owner
> as described. The following are the Spells, their emoji representation,
> their price in coins, and their mystical abilities.
>
> 🧄 Scam Banishment Ritual [30 Coins]
> A powerful rite which, when applied, it will mystically remove scams
> present in a certain document by purifying it of evil, serving as an extra
> safeguard against any possible rule-lawyering and legal debauchery. Can be
> purchased and applied multiple times to further strengthen its purifying
> effect.

A few minutes ago, Cuddle Beam Fulfilled the Spell that I bought by
annoucement:

> Alright, I Fulfill the Spell! Here we go!

As the only party to the MYSTICAL MENAGERIE contract, Cuddle Beam has
the ability to modify the contract. Therefore, e removed the scam when e
fulfilled the spell. So it should be TRUE.

But wait! If it worked, then it wasn't a scam after all! So, eir action
should not have affected it. So it should be FALSE.

But if it didn't do anything, we're back where we started: it's a scam
that doesn't actually have the power to purge all scams. So, again,
TRUE.

In conclusion, this should be judged PARADOXICAL.

Gratuitous Arguments by grok:

At an individual level, if the Before state of two independent
parts of the contract are scams and the After state of those part are not
scams, TRUE is a valid response. In that case, the contract went from Scam
to Less-Scam, which meets muster of the common definition of "removal". Key
here is that Cuddlebeam uses Scams in the plural, so we should expect eir
action removed at least two scams from the contract for the CFJ to be TRUE.

Similarly, if the Before of all parts of the contract are scams and the
After are still scams in each case OR only one scam is removed, FALSE is a
valid response.

Each unique element of the contract should be independently tested to
determine if it was a scam prior and if was still a scam after Cuddlebeam
performed the Mystical Spell. This should not be reduced ad nauseum, but I
would recommend independently testing each clause and asset.

Gratuitous Arguments by Jason:

Rule 2519/2 reads:

>       A person is deemed to have consented to an action if and only if,
>       at the time the action took place:
>
>       1. e, acting as emself, has publicly stated that e agrees to the
>          action and not subsequently publicly withdrawn eir statement;
>       2. e is party to a contract whose body explicitly and
>           unambiguously indicates eir consent;
>       3. the action is taken as part of a promise which e created; or
>       4. it is reasonably clear from context that e wanted the action to
>          take place or assented to it taking place.

Rule 1742 reads: "A contract may be modified, including by changing the
set of parties, with the consent of all existing parties."

I don't believe CuddleBeam has consented to the amendment of this contract:

1. E has not publicly stated that e consented to its amendment at all

2. E is not party to a contract that states e consents to it.

3. E has created no promises.

4. It is likely that, even if the contract is a scam, CuddleBeam would
prefer it to remain that way - even if e wanted it to be amended, it is
certainly not "reasonably clear from context" that e wanted it to be.

I argue for FALSE: e has not consented to the modification of the
contract, so it has not been modified.

Gratuitous Arguments by Cuddlebeam:

Hi, I'm Cuddlebeam, humble Agoran occultist. This spell involved ADVANCED
Agoran occult arts but I will explain them the best I can.

- The spell was mystical by nature, as defined. That's what makes it so
effective to safeguard against scams in the way it does unlike other,
arguably less effective, mundane methods.

- Due to its mystical nature, my shop is still safe and sound (but now
quite possibly a lot more scam-free).