----- Original Message -----
From: "Yadollah Waghei" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 7:33 AM
Subject: AI-GEOSTATS: Choosing Lag Distance and Angular Tolerance

> Hello dears
> I have a spatial data set contaning n=262 observarion (The variable of
interest is Rate of Tuberculosis in 262 counties of Iran). I want to fit
some models to Directional semi-variograms,and then build anisotropic
semi-variogram.
> Then  questions are
> - Is there any rule for choosing Lag Distance and Angular Tolerance?
> -Also,how we can balance between Lag Distance and Angular Tolerance?
> -Do you agree that both must be very small,as possible?(Such that number
of pairs in each lag>20, for example)

> Thank you
> Yadollah Waghei
> Dep.of Biostatistics
> Tarbiat Modarres Univ.(Tehran)Po.Box: 14115-111
> Tel:8011001-3872  Fax:8007989

> Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications
center.
> Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
>

> --
any useful responses to your questions.

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful