Hi all

I have a number of questions to all out there..any help/ pointers would be
appreciated.

1. What is the optimum number of samples in a block of any particular size?

What I have been able to track down so far has not really been helpful, this
includes comments like:

Samples should be spaced at half the first range...of the semivariogram

samples should be spaced in such a way as to reduce the Krige variance

etc.

All of these appear to pre-suppose that you already have sampling.

Is there any way that I can work out the theoretical number of samples in an
e.g. 30x30m block assuming some a priori information (gold deposit, high
nugget of e.g. 1.2 e6, pop.var having the same type of magnitude etc) ?

2. Does anyone know of a good "idiots guide" to GSLIB? I have bought the
manual, however I have not found it particularly helpful for a first time
user of the software (I want to start simulations of the ore body that I
work on, prior to us commencing a capital intensive exploration programme).

3. Is there a good declustering programme out there? (This gets back to
question 1), when developing the ore body the sample spacing is approx.
2.5m, when production commences the sample spacing changes to a 5x5 grid
(ideally, this never really happens in actuality). What I want to do is to
try and overcome the change of support issue, declustering is the only way
that I can think of at the moment.

4. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a good ( preferably
introductory) text on Probability Kriging? and is there any software that
has been designed to run this?

Thanks to all

Yours

Mark Burnett