Good day Oliver,

I have another comment on declustering in addition to the previous
comment on negative weights.  The weights do not actually change the
data values.  They change the weight of the data values within the
distribution; therefore, weights change the distribution, but not the
sample data.  One way to think of declustering weights is that they
would change the height on the bars of a histogram (more precisely, the
contribution of each of the data to the bar height), but not the
position of the bars.

The GSLIB book (Deutsch and Journel) has a lot of practical guides to
declustering.  I have recently written a paper on the specifics of
declustering, if you are interested.

All the best,

Michael

Michael Pyrcz
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
University of Alberta
(780) 492-3153
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.ualberta.ca/~mpyrcz