Hello All,

I’m not sure if this is the correct forum for this…but a colleague has asked a question I’d like to address.

This fellow wants to predict the location of archaeological sites based on factors such as soil type, proximity to a water source, slope, AND proximity to other archaeological sites.

On proposing such a predictive model he has been challenged with, “How are you going to deal with Spatial Autocorrelation”. We’re not sure why SA should be a problem since we are suggesting that spatial proximity is a factor in settlement location.

So, do we need to test for SA and why?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

* To unsubscribe to ai-geostats, send the following in the subject or in the body
(plain text format) of an email message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Signoff ai-geostats