Hello Namita,

I haven't heard any case of VI student studying in TIFR. However Homi
Bhaba Centre for Science Education, (HBCSE), a centre of TIFR   had a
VI project fellow.

Cannot comment about faculties's cooperativeness. You should directly
approach to the people there. It would be challenging to get
accessible course material from TIFR athorities. But you can request
to HBCSE to make available accessible course material for the program
you wish to apply. They have expertise in this area. the objective of
the HBCSE is to make science education easy and accessible for every
one. You can also right to the researchers there. They can take it up
as project and help you in providing accessible cource content of
science and math even though you are admiting to any other institute.

Regards

On 9/23/17, Namita Agarwal via Ai <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in> wrote:
> hi according to me you should approach the TIFRcenter and take most of
> the information if possible they do have a hostile and surely the
> students can help you. if can get a number will share.
>
> On 9/21/17, Shakul Raj Sonker via Ai <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>
> wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> I want to know the academic environment for a visually impaired
>> student at Indian statistical Institute and Tata Institute of
>> Fundamental research.
>> Currently I'm 3rd year undergraduate of mathematics at Ashoka
>> university and want to apply for M.maths at ISI and graduate School
>> program at TIFR.
>> If anyone of you have any experiences about these institutes, could
>> you please let me know?
>> My questions are: are they supportive? Do the faculty cooperate with
>> VI students? Can I expect to get all my study material in accessible
>> format?
>> Waiting for your response!
>> Regards.
>>
>> --
>> SRS,
>> 3rd Year Undergraduate,
>> Ashoka University,
>> Mobile: +91 8059992380
>> Disclaimer:
>> the

>> mails
>> sent through this mailing list..
>>

>> To check if the post reached the list or to search for old posting,
>> reach:
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in/maillist.html
>>

> --
>  regards
>  Namita
> Disclaimer:

> https://www.mail-archive.com/ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in/maillist.html

Coordinator,
Centre for Inclusive Education and Accessibility,
Department of Education and Extension,
Savitribai Phule Pune university,
Pune 411007.
PH: +912025601352