Hi Chanan,

Yes, it states that you shouldn't distribute shared knowledge about your actor
hierarchy throughout your program code. That is orthogonal to if you use an
ActorRef or an ActorSelection to communicate. I think that it depends on your
usage patterns and sometimes, especially during bootstrapping of a system you
might need and ActorSelection to start of the communication to some named
service provided by another actor.

I completely agree that if you intend to have a direct conversation with an
actor, then you can exchange ActorRefs. Sorry if that was unclear in my
previous reply.

B/

On 14 May 2014 at 18:50:44, Chanan Braunstein (chanan.braunst...@pearson.com)