How we would he know? I have no idea, I don't know the akka source code,
that is up to you guys to figure out :)

Maybe, instead of Supervisor getting a message that is the exception he
gets another type that has the exception, the sender and the original
message that caused the error? I have no idea if that is possible or not.

In my case the answer to what he would get back is easy. He would get back
a Failure message with the exception.

As I said, I have no idea if that is possible or not, but the way it is
now, unless you have some suggestion I can do, doing an Ask from a Play
controller means that I cannot use Akka Supervision.