- a total order per persistenceId based on sequence numbers (= partial ordering
in the "all events" stream) is a must have IMO.
- ordering based on timestamps should be an application level concern (=
timestamps in application-defined events and (re-)ordering done by application)
Agreed, seqNrs are at our core and we’ll stick to them (partial ordering will
be in for sure, was thinking if more was needed by app implementors). Bringing
in timestamps “in some case” would be inconsistent with the rest of persistence
anyway, so pushing it into user land sounds good.

Actually, since we want to expose this as reactive streams the timestamp
ordering could be expressed as `merge(streams, userLandProvidedOrdering)` (we
don’t have this yet)… Tempting idea, looking forward to trying out different
things there.

- mid/long-term goal: causal ordering (allows moving from eventual consistency
to causal consistency). See also Don't Settle For Eventual Consistency.
Thanks! Have not read that one yet - looks very interesting.
Will catch up with it today :-)

— k