On 14.08.14 18:17, Ashley Aitken wrote:

Hi Konrad,

On Thursday, 14 August 2014 22:39:04 UTC+8, Konrad Malawski wrote:

    There already exists integration with Kafka
    https://github.com/krasserm/akka-persistence-kafka#journal-topics
    <https://github.com/krasserm/akka-persistence-kafka#journal-topics>
developed
    by Martin Krasser,
    it adresses some of the points raised actually.

Yes, I am aware of that (and thanks to Martin!) but Kafka (please correct me if I am wrong) doesn't have the ability to create projections.

Perhaps for now we can just manually post events to extra topics each time we persist actor events in the Kafka store?

Yes, this is already possible with user-defined topics <https://github.com/krasserm/akka-persistence-kafka#user-defined-topics>. At the moment this is a plugin-specific feature but can later be generalized to support akka-persistence "tags".

    Similarily there already exists an EventStore akka-persistence
    plugin: https://github.com/EventStore/EventStore.Akka.Persistence
    <https://github.com/EventStore/EventStore.Akka.Persistence>.

Yes, I am aware of that (and thanks to ES folks!) but it is version 0.0.3 and it seems quite different from the other stores.

And in both of these cases I am also not sure if PersistentViews can specify other topics / projections as their persistentIds.

I wonder if this is something controlled by Akka Persistence or the Event Store?

    The big thing is that we would like to update the plugin API to
    such that would allow plugins to “do more” on the read side of
    things (Patrik linked to the “improved Views” proposal already).

Yes, it seems there are many people very interested in this - I wish I could help more but I am new to all these technologies.

Cheers,
Ashley.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Akka User List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to akka-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:akka-user+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to akka-user@googlegroups.com <mailto:akka-user@googlegroups.com>.

Martin Krasser

blog:    http://krasserm.blogspot.com
code:    http://github.com/krasserm
twitter: http://twitter.com/mrt1nz