On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 7:34:08 PM UTC+1, Patrik Nordwall wrote:

> 9 jan 2015 kl. 18:10 skrev Ferdinand Hübner <ferdinan...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>>:
>
> Yes, that is what I'm doing. I'm passing the sender() ActorRef to other
> actors until I am able to reply to it with deliver. When I reply with
> delivery, I call path on the ActorRef.
> In my service layer, I would send a confirmation using tell with
> ActorRef.noSender once the future from AskSupport completes.
>
> That is not going to work. Let's say that the confirmation message is
> lost. Then AtLeastOnceDelivery will resend it to the path of the
> PromiseActorRef (created by ask), but that is already completed and the
> resent message will go to deadLetters, and be retried again.

I am aware of that and decided to ignore it at this point until I am able
to decide if AtLeastOnceSupport is really something that I want and need.
My idea was to handle UnconfirmedWarning by simply confirming the messages
it contains.

> Would it be possible to implement it without ask?

Yes, that should be possible. I never really thought about implementing it
without ask. It's the first thing that came to my mind and worked well so
far.
I'll be going for a less temporay actor that completes promises and
confirms deliveryIds that are not pending completion.

Thank you for the help and your suggestions.
Ferdinand