Viktor,

"All Internet-based HTTP/1.1 servers MUST respond with a 400 (Bad Request)
status code to any HTTP/1.1 request message which lacks a Host header
field."

Is from RFC 2616

I can confirm (the gist above) that akka-http is doing that with curl -H
"host:"  However, what I haven't confirmed yet is what akka-http is doing
with no Host header present. (I'd need to fork some well-conforming library
and break it.)