Hi,

I using Akka streams to read (= consume) messages from a Kafka tropic,
transform them, and write them to another Kafka topic. I am looking for a
way to commit the consumer offset of a message after it was written.

Example: if I've read message *m*, I'd like to first process it and write
it out to the destination topic. Only then do I want to tell Kafka "ok,
I've read *m; *if i crash and restart, position me after *m*, please!"

Here are a few ways to realize this:

   - Make the writer a Sink and give it knowledge about the consumer so it
   can commit the latter's offset after writing. Not nice: the sink shouldn't
   have to know about a consumer.
   - Make the writer a Flow that as a side effect writes to Kafka. Then
   connect this flow to a CommitSink that commits the offsets. That doesn't
   sound nice either, as conceptually, both are sinks.

Any suggestions how to do this in The Akka Streams Way®?

Thanks,