So it's this code we are talking about:

  def enqueue(receiver: ActorRef, handle: Envelope): Unit =
    if (pushTimeOut.length >= 0) {

      if (!queue.offer(handle, pushTimeOut.length, pushTimeOut.unit))

        receiver.asInstanceOf[InternalActorRef].provider.deadLetters.tell(

          DeadLetter(handle.message, handle.sender, receiver),
handle.sender)

    } else queue put handle

That is offer with 0 timeout, that should not be blocking. Don't ask me
when queue.put is used.