On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 11:55:55 PM UTC+3, Rafał Krzewski wrote:

> If you are up to for an adventure, I recommend you to read "Life beyond
> Distributed Transactions"

cheers,
> Rafał

I know it's hard to believe but I'm interested in local transactions rather
than distributed.

Akka become cluster and distributed oriented more and more. Distributes
systems is what drive akka forward, so cluster deviation is natural. But
that is only part of the story.

Other part originates from Programming in Scala text book. It claimed that
good old ways to multithreading: threads, thread pools, synchronized
keyword, synchronized collections - are not so good, they are too low-level
and errorprone, glorious scala language deserved better abstraction which
is actors. I consent that actor system are great for multitasking. Even if
it is used inside single JVM without remote capabilities. Time passes, and
builtin scala actors become obsolete in favour of Akka. Which gave even
better experience.

So now I'm still using akka for single-JVM multitasking and has no desire
to go back to synchronized. So I need to program local transactions
somehow. It is definitely feasible since it could be done in single-JVM
with synchronized. But I'd like to find idiomatic actor way.