http://www.qbyte.org/puzzles/p003s.html

On 4/23/06, Venkatesh Dayalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Two unknowns x and y are to be found by two mathematicians M1 and M2.

I give the Product(x * y) to M1 and Sum(x + y) to M2.

M1 doesn't know the value of S and M2 doesn't know the value of P.

Now both the mathematicians enter separate room and do some calculation and come back and they say….

M1: "I am not able to find x and y"

M2: "I know that you can't find it"

M1: "I found x and y"

M2: "I also found x and y"

2<=x,y<=99

Come out with your approach to find the value of x and y for the given P and S

--
"There is no Spoon"

"asato ma sad gamaya     - From delusion lead me to truth
tamaso ma jyotir gamaya  - From darkness lead me to light
mrtyor mamrtam gamaya" - From death lead me to immortality

Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.