hi matia ... i think the code you have written sounds good..
but it is not sorting the array it is a kind of counting number of 1
and 0...
how ever you can write a simple code like....

int one =0; zero =0;
for (i=0;i<array_length;i++)
{
        if(arr[i])
                one++;
        else
                zero++;
}

for (i=0;i<zero;i++) print('0');
for (i=0;i<one;i++) print('1');

it would take same amount of memory as u explained..
but the given array remains unaffected....
so this code is just for printing purpose ...
i think we hv to sort array so that we can use the sorted array ...
If i am wrong then let me know...